Most of the women face premenstrual syndrome every month before their periods begins. This is a combination of a wide range of symptoms which are physical or psychological. These PMS symptoms are experienced every month when ovulation happens till the start of the menses. The main reason behind the occurrence of these signs is changes in the hormonal levels. The factors which are responsible for these hormonal changes are plenty.
Some of the physical signs of premenstrual syndrome are fatigue, bloating, pelvic discomfort, tenderness in the breasts, headaches, constipation or diarrhea, weight gain, changes in sleep pattern, fluid retention, appetite changes and oily skin. The psychological signs are depression, stress, anxiety, lack of concentration, mood swings and irritability. The causes of premenstrual syndrome have been linked with primarily with hormonal imbalances. Other reasons which cause PMS are dietary habits, stress, depression and chemical changes in brain. All these factors can be responsible to create these symptoms in the woman's body before the onset of menstruation.
Medications like anti inflammatory, anti depressants, diuretics and oral contraceptive pills are available to treat these problems, but natural remedies for premenstrual syndrome are a safe way to get rid of these problems. These remedies are effective and have to negative effects. Some of the natural remedies for premenstrual syndrome are as follows:
1. Celery: This is an effective natural diuretic which enhances the functions of the kidneys and helps to eliminate the excess water in the body.
2. Grapes: Include grapes or grape juice in your food intake. It helps to prevent bloating.
3. Oats: Oats are healthy and they help to reduce the symptoms of PMS.
4. Apples: Eating apples everyday is good for overall health and to reduce swelling in PMS.
5. Barley Water: Drinking of barley water is beneficial in reducing the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
6. Vitamins: Vitamins like C, E and B6 are very effective and should be taken regularly.
7. Antioxidants: Increase the intake of antioxidants in your food. This is one of the beneficial natural remedies for premenstrual syndrome.
8. Evening Primrose Oil: This has been used for treating PMS.
9. Calcium: Women with PMS have lower calcium levels; therefore increase the intake of calcium.
10. Magnesium: Magnesium is said to improve the symptoms.
11. Massage: Massage the abdomen gently with essential oils like lavender and sage to help ease the pain.
12. Relaxation: De-stress yourself by having a bath with essential oils such as rosemary and sage.
13. Exercises: Doing regular exercises help a great deal. Practice yoga and deep breathing techniques regularly.
14. Herbal Treatment: Some herbs are very effective in reducing and eliminating the PMS symptoms. Herbs are also one of the natural remedies for premenstrual syndrome. Dandelion herb is used to prevent bloating, swelling and fluid retention. It also helps in spasms, acne and inflammation. Black Cohosh is good for stopping the hot flashes. Cramp Bark is beneficial in conditions of menstrual cramps and spasms in the uterus. Red Clover, Valerian, Chaste Tree Berry and Tribulus Terrestris are some of the other herbs which are all beneficial in reducing the symptoms and which help in overall health of the body too.
Try these natural remedies for premenstrual syndrome to get relief from the physical and emotional symptoms.