Are you feeling blue? Are you stressed out over your job, the economy or your kids? Instead of making a doctor's appointment for a prescription, try a prescription of a different kind: daily inspirational quotes.
Inspirational quotes may seem like an odd way to get rid of stress and depression, but they have been proven to lift many spirits and give new hope to those who are otherwise feeling hopeless.
Here are some ways you can use inspirational quotes every day to give you your life back:
• Print off one inspirational quote per day and put it in your calendar. Memorize it, and say it to yourself several times throughout the day. Make it the last thing you read before going to sleep at night and the first thing you read when you get up in the morning.
• Put inspirational quotes throughout your home - on your fridge, on your bathroom mirror, or on your nightstand.
• Keep some inspirational quotes in your car, and keep them on your dashboard. Or, buy an inspirational CD, and listen to it while driving.
• For your favorite quotes, learn more about the author - what was their life like? Chances are, they overcame great adversity to become successful.
• Share the quotes with your family, and get a discussion going on what the quotes mean to them. Sometimes sharing other viewpoints can give a different perspective on things.
• Put the inspirational quotes on an ipod or mp3 player, and listen to them while you are taking a walk or working out. Exercise is also a great stress reliever!
Once you get into the habit of reading or listening to quotes every day, and putting them into perspective in your own life, you will begin to see that everyone has had tough times at one point or another; the important thing to learn is to how to overcome that adversity. Inspirational quotes will move you into action, and get you motivated to change your life and your situation. You will start to build self-confidence and understand that you have the power to change, to reflect, to overcome, and to achieve whatever you want in life. You can become the person you want to be, if only you take the first step. You are responsible for your actions, your decisions, and your mindset.
Once you take responsibility for your life, you have already won half the battle! Inspirational quotes can help you along your journey of self-discovery, self-discipline and self-esteem.