People who suffer from depression can improve with the right homemade treatment. Natural depression treatments have several advantages to them. It is estimated that a quarter of all American women will suffer from clinical depression at some point in their lives, and that women are twice as likely to suffer from it as men. Take depression seriously. Depression affects millions of people and can range from being fairly mild to completely devastating. Only 30% of depressed people get any form of treatment at all, which is a big mistake. Without treatment, the frequency and severity of symptoms tend to increase over the years--just like other diseases. Here are a few of the effective home remedies for eliminating depression:
1) Boil seeds of 2 cardamoms in 1 cup of water with tea (avoid black tea). Add honey for taste and drink it twice a day.
2) Blanch 5-7 rosemary leavesin 1 cup boiling of water, add honey, wait 3 minutes and drink.
3) Boil a few rose petals in 1cup of water. Add honey for taste. Drink occasionally in place of your usual tea or coffee.
4) Add to 1 cup boiling water 1/4 teaspoon Indian basil (tulsi) and 1/2 teaspoon of sage. Drink twice a day.
5) Make a tea with 1/2 teaspoon each of ashvagandha and brahmi in 1 cup boiling water. Let steep for 10 minutes. Drink 2 or 3 times a day.
6) Eat an apple with milk and honey. It will recharge your energy, uplifting your mood.
7) Cook 3-4 tablespoons of oatmeal to 1 cup of rice milk or soy milk, boil and stir for 1 minute on low temperature. Add honey, maple syrup, fresh or dried fruits, nuts, and almonds.
8) Eat cashew nuts. A rich source of the B vitamin group that is extremely beneficial in treating depression. It stimulates the appetite, energy levels and promotes activeness.
9) Aromatherapy. Helps the body to relax and revive the nervous system. Inhalation of some herbal oils like rose, jasmine, lime, and grapefruit are considered a natural remedy for depression. Flowers that smell good also help with eliminating depression.
10) Relaxation is one effective measure in treating depression. Take daily walks. Fresh air and deep breathing exercises help in relaxation. A bath for one hour daily is also helpful in the treatment of depression. Get the proper amount of sleep, not too much and not to little. There are many ways, remedies, treatments, and cures for depression.
These 10 listed here are simple and homemade, being found usually in one's own kitchen. And the walking, sleeping, breathing of fresh air and flowers are all free and available to all. Take advantage of what nature has already provided.