We all feel anxious to an extent from time to time. Let it be a board meeting presentation, public speaking or just waiting for your lover on your first date. But if this regular anxiety gets overwhelming and start attacking frequently, it may lead to a serious mental and emotional situation called anxiety or panic attack.
There are literally millions of people across the world suffering with anxiety and panic problems in their day to day lives. But the sign of relieve is that anxiety disorders are completely curable. The key is to identify and diagnose it at its beginning stages and get it treated properly.
Different biological changes in the body reflect several physical symptoms of anxiety disorders. Common anxiety physical symptoms are easy to identify if you are aware of them. Educating yourself about anxiety physical symptoms not only helps you to identify them for yourself but you can also help people around you to discover this disorder in early stages.
Following are some of the common anxiety physical symptoms:
- Racing heartbeat called as palpitations.
- Severe chest pain, often people mistaken this pain as heart attack which adds to the trauma of patients.
- Shortness of breath.
- Excessive sweating which exhausts the sufferer.
- Limbs trembling and shaking.
- Difficulty in swallowing, feelings of choking in throat.
- Feeling of being smothered.
- Patients also suffer with nausea and indigestion.
- Numbness in the limbs.
- Facial numbness.
- Patient fears that he is going crazy.
- Hot and cold flashes, this is more common among female patients.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Fatigue and anemia.
- Just moments before anxiety attack patient feel dizzy and lightheaded.
- In some severe cases anxiety attacks can also lead depression.
- Due to all the tension in the chest and heart ribs also start paining and result in tender breasts in female patients.
Please note that above anxiety physical symptoms do not dictate the degree of severity of anxiety attacks. Some people suffer with several of the above symptoms while others suffer with just a few of them. There are few people who do not show any anxiety physical symptoms but still experience anxiety attacks.
One best way to deal with anxiety physical symptoms is practising deep-slow-breaths therapy. Due to anxiety we tend to breathe quicker therefore our breath becomes shorter. By taking deep breaths you can calm down the mind and control breathing more effectively.