Understanding the concept of sugar addiction symptoms
A possible definition may be: the impossibility for a person to resist to the sweet foods or beverages temptation. People suffering from this condition find impossible to stay without sugar for too long: usually a day, a meal sometimes even an hour. Many times people don't realize they are suffering from it as the symptoms can be mistaken for seasonal affect disorder, general tiredness, dieting "issues," or depression. Controlling addiction can be difficult when you don't know it affects you. When you became aware of the existence of the sugar addiction symptoms you can easily manage the health risks and overcome the problem.
What are the sugar addiction symptoms?
Some general signs you need to know are:
- a strong drive to eat sugar when you are depressed: when you feel upset or stressed you automatically turn to sugar for comfort.
- obsession with sugar or sugary food: no matter where you are - working at office, walking in the park, partying with your friends - your thoughts are constantly stolen by sugar or sweet food.
- sugar triggered defensive mechanism: you don't want to be told about not eating sugar. You don't want people criticize your addiction. The slightest comment about eating sugar or sugar addiction symptoms upsets you and generates defensive reactions.
- energy depleted body: when sweet foods become a habit you start to rely more on these than on your natural energy resources of your body. Hence you feel weak, lethargic and depressed.
- sugar habits: this is when you eat sugar or sugar food at about the same time each morning, afternoon, evening or even night. When you skip the "sugar" hour you find yourself very anxious or depressed.
- sugar snacks when you are bored: when you are in a boring situation you grab a high-sugar snack to keep you occupied. This is one of the most important sugar addiction symptoms.
Thinking about the consequences and some tips
When this addiction is not discovered and diagnosed at the right time, the consequences are severe: hyperglycemia, type 2 diabetes, pancreatic problems, high cholesterol levels, hypertension obesity, anxiety and arthritis. There are behavioral consequences as well: hyperactivity, aggression, anti-social behavior.
Overcoming sugar addiction is not so difficult, but you need determination. Firstly, you have to accept that you are suffering from sugar addiction. Recognizing the problem means having won half the battle. Then you need to break the addiction. Eliminate sugar from your diet. Here are some tips you need to know when you discover sugar addiction symptoms in your life:
1. Avoid salt foods. They induce sugar cravings.
2. Eat more fruit and vegetables. There are sweet vegetables, too.
4. Buy smart: Read the labels on the foods you buy.
5. Eat whole grains. They contain complex carbohydrates (millet, barley, brown rice).
6. Ice-cream fans: eat only ice-cream that is reach in healthy ingredients and not high flavored, high sugar ice-cream.
7. Don't give up sugar: the only thing you'll get is a powerful crave.
8. High protein breakfast: in the morning eat high protein foods.
This is nice but where to seek help when you discover sugar addiction symptoms in your life?
Where to find help?
There are different levels of help. Some need just a helping hand from their friends. Others may need treatment in a sugar issues center. You may join an online support group. This may help some people. A new idea is hypnosis. Suggestions and sugar related hypnosis sessions work for a lot of people. Carefully devised exercises that stimulate metabolism offer another, more natural alternative. The will is extremely important. Be determined to win the battle. When there's a will, there's always a way. When things don't go as planned and the sugar addiction symptoms don't go away, don't hesitate to seek professional treatment.
Post a Comment