Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Broken Heart Quotes on Steroids!


I am a strong, independent woman, and I go on at least 3 dates every single week. I recently had a guy ask me to marry him, and I've got other people calling my cell phone like crazy. I never thought this would happen after my last relationship break up, and it's still not easy for me to accept as my new reality. But it wasn't always this way!

A few years ago I had the worst break up of my entire life. The absolute man of my dreams, the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, dumped me like a piece of trash at the curb. He said I wasn't right him, and that he needed to move on to do other things. My world shattered. All my hopes and dreams crashed. I became extremely depressed and lost all my aspirations. I severed connections with any friends and holed up like a hermit inside my bedroom.

I cried every single day for hours on end, and couldn't get out of bed for at least a month. All I did was watch sad movies and read sappy broken heart quotes. The problem was that my life made these broken heart quotes look easy to handle! This was the most terrifying breakup of my life. I know now, looking back, that I became dependent on him as my source of happiness and inspiration. But at the time it was dangerous how pathetically sad I was.

In the process of overcoming this, I began to study all kinds of self help books, relationship guides, and took all kinds of seminars on human behavior and communication.

I have boiled it all down to three key points:


  • You must have life-long goals for yourself that don't necessarily include anybody else.

  • You must always remain loyal to yourself first. Then your lover second.

  • You've got to know when to call it quits.

These three tips have helped me change the entire face of my life. It has transformed in the most fascinating ways when I really began to apply these principles in earnest.

After going through the living hell of being sad and single for so long, and spending almost every waking minute either crying in bed, wishing I was asleep, or reading broken heart quotes in full agreement, I have really started to see the writing on the wall.

You've got to be a strong, independent person, whether you are in a relationship or not. This is the secret to happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment