Sunday, April 7, 2013

Do You See Your Life Target?


Sometimes we work too hard and get overwhelmed by our businesses, bills, marriage troubles, kids' problems and so on and so forth. This exhausting stuff usually piles up with age, starting from marriage or a day job, after you graduate a college. Only think about it - when you were a student, you would come from your class, have a snack, do (or sometimes don't do) your home tasks and voila - you're free as a bird until the next morning. No kids, no wife in your whirling around - just your best friends where you would party until dawn or some favorite occupation or anything you want to spend your time on. As I look at myself now, I hardly find any time for myself, except when I am writing some articles, like now - the baby has to be taken care off, bill have to be paid, I also have to work somewhere. I must do some shopping, some in house repair works, I have to repair my car from time to time, I also have to pay attention to my wife and share some time with her. Besides, we have friends, mothers, fathers and the like who also have to be visited.

Anyway, my point is this - we are so stuffed with the troubles and worries of this life that we simply forget what we are living for. What is your purpose in life? Is it just to graduate, have a tiresome day job and make some kids? What about your dreams, your vision, your heart? Are you doing what you should be doing? I like one life quote about the activity by some philosopher. He said, that only a fraction of people are doing what they were called to do, what they are best at. The rest are doing something which they either hate doing or are more or less indifferent about it.

"Go with the flow" according to some song, I have heard. If that's you, I guess some refreshing thoughts and ideas might stir you up, freshen you mind and clear your life target. I would recommend reading some good books or just some good life quotes, if you don't have the time for the first. You have only one life here and hoping merely to endure it to the grave is pathetic to say the least. You have your unfulfilled dreams, wishes and your life purpose, which should be your prime target. My purpose is living this life to the fullest according to what my heart and spirit tells me and bringing some happiness to other people - the closest ones first. Love God and love your neighbor. Then strive for your dreams and the things you wanted to do all your life (and which are doable). Then find peace in your heart.

That's what it's all about, at least in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment