Saturday, June 14, 2014

Recurring Thoughts of Depression Checklist - Are You Clinically Depressed?


Reports say that more than one in five Americans struggle with some form of depression in their lifetime.

Depression is a major issue that affects most Americans either directly or indirectly. If you feel depressed, please realize that you are not alone. Due to the high stress and pressure of living today, most people experience some level of depression during their lifetime.

To help determine if you are suffering a clinical level of depression, please review the following depression symptom checklist to see if you have experienced any of the most common issues associated early depression.

*** Depression Symptom Checklist ***

• Extended loss of energy and interest in daily activities.
• Continually diminishing ability to enjoy life.
• Decreased - or increased - sleeping or appetite.
• Difficulty in concentrating; indecisiveness;
slowed or fuzzy thinking.
• Exaggerated feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or anxiety.
• Feelings of worthlessness; recurring thoughts about death and suicide.

If you are experiencing one or more of the issues on the "Depression Symptom Checklist" and are also experiencing some of the following recurring thoughts, you will need to consult your doctor for a simple and very common evaluation.

*** Recurring Thoughts of Depression ***

- I don't know why I did it!
- I can't stop worrying even when I try.
- My life is always up and down.
- I have no energy.
- I just can't seem to get started.
- Why do I speak without thinking first?
- I need to check it out just one more time.
- It seems I have to work so hard to be happy when others don't.
- I can't believe what I've done.
- What's the point? It's not going to work out anyway.
- You mean I'm not supposed to think all the time?
- I'm not meant to be happy.
- People think I'm weird.
- It's so hard to make decisions.
- If I die, the pain will finally go away.
- But what if I make a mistake?
- I'll never forgive myself, and neither will anyone else.
- I hate myself.
- I think I have a chemical imbalance.
- Something must be wrong with me.
- I get in bad moods for no good reason.
- My mind never, ever stops!
- Things are feeling unreal and I'm afraid to tell anybody.
- I just can't seem to get things finished.
- I deserve to suffer because I've hurt so many people.
- I can't stand feeling like I'm going to die or go crazy.
- It's so hard to listen and pay attention.
- Why can't I have a happy, successful relationship?
- Why do I get myself into so much trouble?
- I feel so empty inside.

If you are experiencing any of the previous thoughts or any of the issues on the checklist on a regular basis, do not worry or panic. You are among friends. You are not crazy or hopeless, and you are not destined to be unhappy forever. You're among millions of new people each year who simply fall out of balance. Although feeling "good" again may seem like a hundred years away, that is not the case at all. You will just need to take some responsibility for your own happiness and make an a point to see your doctor to begin your journey back to feeling like yourself again:

Then, when you get in front of your doctor you simply have to say, "I think I'm depressed." Once you do that, your doctor will tell you all about how depression works and how you can overcome it as quickly as possible. You will simply be amazed at how very hopeful your future becomes just by talking to professional.

No matter if you are for or against medical treatments or psychiatrists, if you feel lost and depressed communication with a medical or counseling consultant is the best way back to feeling like yourself again.

** Epilogue: Don't feel embarrassed to say, "I think I'm depressed." Realizing you are not feeling like yourself and seeing someone about it is a very mature step. Once you do it, you will be on your way back to feeling better every day and in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment