Depression is the word that nobody would want to hear. Millions across the world get affected by various forms every year. One of the types is known as acute depression. It is also known as major depressive disorder or clinical depression. It is one of the most severe forms and less common as compared to the all other forms. The exact cause has still not been discovered. Psychological changes, biological changes, stress, loss of loved ones, physical disability, divorce and environmental changes are the common causes.
Following are the most commonly observed symptoms that will help you to distinguish between acute and other types of depression: The common symptoms are:
1. Considerable loss of interest enjoyable activities.
2. Constant sadness, anxiety or blues all the time.
3. Sleeping problems, sufferer usually exhibits Insomnia disorder. Insomnia causes difficulty to get off to sleep, early morning wake ups, less sleep than normal, disrupted sleep. In some cases symptoms of hypomania are also exhibited by the patients. Hypomania causes too much sleep than the normal sleep; sufferer finds it difficult to get out of the bed.
4. Sufferer might exhibit considerable amount of weight gain or weight loss due to poor appetite.
5. Loss of energy or fatigue is quite a common symptom.
6. Persistent feelings of worthlessness, hopelessness and guilt disturb the sufferer all the time.
7. Restlessness or tiredness without any reason.
8. Sufferers find it difficult to concentrate in all sorts of things associated with them, as a result of which they find it extremely difficult to make decisions.
9. Socially inactive behavior.
10. Suicidal thoughts or suicidal attempts are quite common.
11. Physical symptoms such as headache and ache in the stomach areas are also quite common.
12. Interest in the sexual intercourse decreases to quite a large extent.
You may not notice all the symptoms in sufferers as the symptoms vary person to person. If you notice majority of these symptoms in an individual, do ask him or her to seek medical attention. Do not ignore this state; if left untreated you might be victimized with the adverse affects. It is a treatable mental disorder and various treatment methods are available. Kids may find it difficult to cope up with treatment methods. The most effective treatment methods are:
1. Antidepressants as per the prescription of specialists.
2. Psychotherapy methods, especially cognitive behavioral therapy, talk therapy and interpersonal therapies are the best therapies.
3. Electroconvulsive therapy.
4. Combination of psychotherapy and antidepressants can also work in tandem to relieve you.
Post a Comment