Success secrets for kids to be victorious over sexual & cyber bullying. Tips for kids to fight bullies, depression, suicide and a poor self-image. Oprah's national conversation on sexual & cyber bullying confronts bullies and empowers kids. Parents awake to signs of depression in your children before they commit suicide. Release your kids to fight their social battles and not break under cruel name calling and sexual slurs. Beat sexual & cyber bullying before it beats your family.
I recently saw a segment on cyber bullying on Oprah discussing how three young boys were devastated and brought to depression as a result of bullying occurring at school.
Sexual slurs and cyber bullying was involved in one of the three cases, where a guy and young lady posed as if there was a romantic interest in the young man who was being teased and accused of being gay. The young boy was certainly not gay.
Although he wasn't the greatest student or athlete, he wasn't gay. But these slurs and the cyber bullying further crushed him emotionally to the point he hated school and never wanted to go back.
Eventually unable to cope and take it, sadly the young boy committed suicide. It's unfortunate he did not confide in and speak to his loving parents, but I guess there was embarrassment in even the accusation of being gay itself.
Schools often intervene very little in sexual bullying. Cyber bullying is even less regulated as it occurs online. The young lady posed to like the boy, but later met him face to face calling him a "loser" and expressed her disinterest in him. Very cruel and hurtful indeed.
Here are some secrets for kids to use to be victorious over sexual & cyber bullying.
1. Be secure in yourself no matter what anybody else says.
2. Speak up for yourself and don't silence your voice.
3. Tell the principal and every administrator in your school along with teachers until you find a sympathetic soul who will listen and take immediate action.
4. Get some sarcastic one liners to say back to the bully at the appropriate time when other kids are around to embarrass him or her as they have you.
5. Phone the bully's house around 8:30pm or later to speak to his / her parents and tell them of the abuse occurring against you. Forewarn the parents that unless they take immediate action, you will be going to the principal, police and hiring an attorney. (The last one usually comes with economic restitution and punitive damages the parents of the bully would have to pay financially for not intervening and dealing with their child.)
6. Write the facts and truth about the bully online yourself, which is a great way to be heard and shame the bully.
7. Take martial arts classes and prepare to defend yourself if a physical altercation occurs.
Be strong, be wise, and never despise yourself. The next time the bully picks on you, stand up to him / her and be victorious!