Friday, April 18, 2014

Ways to Help Depression Using Spiritual Wisdom - Keeping the Faith


Contrary to what some people may think success doesn't just fall in your hands. Without action there will be no results, but before you get started you have to at least know what direction you're heading in. There are some important questions you have to ask yourself, this will allow you to have an objective view of where you are currently in your life. When it comes to facing the battle against depression your approach shouldn't be much different than this.

You need to figure out what you really want, asking yourself this question may not prove to be easy but it is necessary. If you don't know what you want it's going to be difficult to put a plan together. Time is the most valuable thing you have, and it is important that you make sure you spend time doing what really matters to you. There is no guarantee the road will be perfectly paved, but you must remain diligent about working towards success.

The way you think affects every aspect of your life, as an individual reaches spiritual maturity they will be able to better understand this. What you believe is possible has everything to do with what you can and will achieve. There are several scriptures that support this statement as faith plays a significant role in success, for Christians the signs and symptoms of depression will surface in a way that is much similar to a spiritual battle. Like spiritual warfare your battle with depression starts in your mind, and getting help for depression requires you to want help.

In my darkest hours I have to know that God is still God, and because He is God He'll do what He said He will do. I can't worry about what it looks like, and I cannot focus on what I feel. Faith is not about what I feel, faith is about knowing and expecting the best when everything around me is at its worst. I am in love with God because of who He is, not because of what I know He can do for me. I can always expect the best from God because there is nothing better than God. John 14:27 says "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid". Often times depression is accompanied by anxiety which is defined loosely as extreme fear.

I am not ashamed to talk about where I have been because it's not going to keep me from getting where I am going. So even in my darkest hours I can find my peace in God... He is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I don't know what tomorrow might bring but I know who will help me stand. When the spirit of God moves in me I just can't contain myself, God is bigger than the tallest mountain. He is stronger than any storm,and His love can heal any pain. I have battled with this illness for several years but getting help for depression has empowered me and it does not control my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment