Friday, January 10, 2014

The Power of Prayer and Fasting in Overcoming Mental Illness


There is a doctor who has been curing people from mental and emotional illnesses through the power of prayer and fasting. His name is Jesus Christ and He's been doing it for 2,000 years.

I know this firsthand because after graduating from college from Ohio State University with a
degree in broadcast journalism and working for a few years as a news reporter, I succumbed to manic depression, schizophrenia, alcoholism and drug addiction. I spent 12 years in and out of mental hospitals and more in and out of rehabs before I realized that mental illness affects the person on all levels. Mental, Physical,Emotional and Spiritual. This I learned from reading the Bible and health books.

Then I learned the prescription for freedom: Salvation through Jesus Christ and prayer and fasting for deliverance. Deliverance is needed because those who are mentally ill are more than
likely infested with demons who take up residence in the mind, body and soul. Angels and demons have existed in the spiritual realm since the beginning of time. Demoniacs of old who were undoubtedly mentally ill had their demons "cast out" through Jesus Christ. An ancient notion but a power that is available to the mentally ill today.

Though I once was on Halydol, Mellaril, Thorazine, Lithium and Elavil, after two years of carefully weaning myself from those psychotropic drugs I am now medication free. I have had to take no medication for the last ten years.

My restoration is a stunning miracle that should be more common. I believe it can be through the power of prayer and fasting unto God through Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment