Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Marijuana and Depression - Is it Time to Quit Smoking Marijuana?


There is much controversy surrounding marijuana and depression. Some people say it helps the depressed to get rid of the symptoms if they smoke weed, other people claim that marijuana just adds to their illness. I wanted to write this article to let you know what happened in my case as I used to be a depressed marijuana smoker.

It seems like it helps.

When you're depressed, you really don't care about much. You don't even want to do anything or see anyone. I remember there were times in my life when I didn't even want to leave my bed. I know, it sounds scary and strange but it's true. You really lose the drive for life.

As you probably know, weed makes some people very happy, and to be honest with you, when you first start smoking it, you actually feel that it's helping you a bit. You start to regain the desire to go out and actually do something productive. You start looking at the world in a more positive way...

Then the dreadful day comes...

Unfortunately, after using weed for a long time you start to feel that marijuana and depression build on top off each other. The more you smoke, the more depressed you get, which obviously causes you to smoke even more. It becomes a vicious circle.

What's more, if you smoke enough, you can't really perform all that well. All you do requires a lot of effort and it just seems like your general ability to do things is much lower than it used to be before you started smoking. I know this sounds wild, but again, it's true.

You can regain your ability to function properly!

So, speaking of marijuana and depression, I don't think weed is a very effective way to fight depression. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It might seem like you're doing better at first if you smoke, but then after some time things get much worse than they were before you first started.

Of course, I can't make you to do anything. After all, it's your life and you're responsible for it, but I would like you to at least consider becoming clean. When you do, it will be a great achievement that will definitely make you feel great about yourself and might even serve as a basis to getting rid of your depression all together. This was my path, and I am enjoying my first winter, without the winter blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment