Brainwave entrainment is a neuro-technological tool that alters your brainwaves to a specific brainwave frequency pattern for a specific purpose. Through the use of audio and/or visual stimulus, entrainment induces the brain to follow or mimic said stimulus, creating a new state of mind or consciousness.
Scientific study has shown that when certain brainwave frequencies are stimulated through brainwave entrainment, parts of the brain will release beneficial hormones and chemicals.
Why This Is Important
As we age, we produce less of these hormones which in turn, leads us to developing symptoms of aging and disease. Entraining the brain with specific frequencies that stimulate the brain to release these beneficial hormones, can improve our health, and may possibly be, the answer to the "fountain of youth."
The Big Three For Longevity
A deep meditative state has been proven to dramatically affect the production of three hormones related to increased longevity, stress and well-being-DHEA, cortisol, and melatonin.
Alpha and theta brainwave frequencies help the brain to produce DHEA and melatonin in significant portions and diminish the production of cortisol..
- DHEA 90% increase
- Melatonin 98% increase
- Cortisol 47% decrease
- Dehydroepiandrosterone DHEA
- Is produced by the adrenal glands
- Is the key determinant of physiological age and resistance to disease.
- As we age, our DHEA diminishes, and we are susceptible to disease.
- If our DHEA is high, we are in peak health and able to fight off disease.
- Higher levels of DHEA reduces cardiovascular disorders by 48% and death by 36%.
- Is produced by the pineal gland-the third eye.
- Is a hormone that controls our sleep cycle.
- As we age, melatonin is made in less and less supply.
- Not sleeping decreases the quality of our life and speeds up the aging process.
- Is a powerful antioxidant.
- Melatonin passes through cell membranes and removes free radicals that damage DNA.
- If the supply of melatonin in the body is low, diseases produced by free radicals, like cancer, aging, neurological diseases, heart disease and heart attack, can be more prevalent.
- Low melatonin can alter blood pressure and heart rate as well as neurological cardiopulmonary and reproductive functions.
- Reduced melatonin diminishes the strength of the immune system.
- Low levels affect sleep and circadian rhythm, mood, sexual performance, reproduction, cancer, immune system response, aging, arthritis, asthma, diabetes, hypertension, blood clotting, stroke, cardiac arrhythmia, ischemic heart disease, epilepsy, manic depression, suicide, sudden infant death syndrome, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease.
- Is produced by the adrenal glands.
- Is a stress hormone that is involved in response to stress and anxiety.
- Increases blood sugar, blood pressure and reduces immune responses.
- The more you produce of this hormone, the more stressed out your are, and visa versa, making you vulnerable to disease and fast aging.
Brainwave entrainment recordings designed to release these hormones can play a vital role in turning back the clock, hormone-wise, slowing down the effects of aging on our body and mind.
Who knows, maybe brainwave entrainment is the key to the "fountain of youth" after-all.