Tuesday, April 22, 2014

How I Overcame Chronic Depression With Brainwave Entrainment Meditation


This is a little insight to my experience that brought me to Brainwave Entrainment Meditation. Due to a very unpleasant experience in my childhood, I suffered from Chronic Depression and Social Anxiety Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Fun, I know! ;)

I went to traditional therapy to attempt to overcome this. I was placed on various medications that produced even worse side-effects (Insomnia, Muscle Spasm, Loss of Appetite/Sex Drive to name a few!) And after years of this wonderful time, I still felt less than hopeful and was becoming more jaded by the day about ever truly feeling happy and alive.

One day, I decided that I had enough and I would no longer accept this as my day-to-day life. I did a search on the internet and found an amazing program that seemed to be beneficial toward eliminating what I was experiencing using a technology called Brainwave Entrainment in the form of a Meditation Program. Was I skeptical?! OH YES! But, as the saying goes.... "What did I have to lose?" ?? Nothing! I had everything to win and gain.

I began a daily practice of Meditation. I would sit each evening for one hour to focus on my emotional state and become more conscious of my thought processes. I listened to the CD audio that took me from a Beta frequency down to a Delta frequency within the first half hour and then kept me in the Delta state the entire second half hour. As I began this experience, I started to have random thoughts and memories come up that I had no recall of. Things that were deeply planted within my subconscious were coming to the surface of my awareness. I would allow them to be, without judgment, understanding that they had been in my unconscious and were driving the results of my reality. I felt blessed to be able to release them and know with full conviction that they would no longer be working in the background and keeping me from creating what I desired in life.

I kept up with this practice, and still practice, for 6 years now. Though, I didn't wait for life to happen. Each day was a new and rewarding experience. As more and more "garbage" was released my reality changed and altered, becoming something I had dreamt of for my entire life.

To make a really long and interesting journey short, let me just say this...

1. I truly eliminated depression, anxiety and fears out of my life. BYE BYE! (No more medications!)
2. I gained a renewed sense of wanting to be alive and participating in life.
3. I learned to love myself, maybe for the first time!
4. I attracted a very loving relationship and developed intimate friendships.
5. I allowed money into my life and abundance on other levels, too.

...I could go on and on about the numerous benefits I've experienced with Meditating with Brainwave Entrainment. I am so grateful that this worked for me.

I have come across many descriptions and heard numerous real-life experiences about PTSD - for me, this is the most important factor to look at when dealing with your depressive issues and anxiety.
What exactly IS PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is the clinical definition.

It is literally the Disorder of Experiencing Stress after (Post) a Traumatic event (Car Accidents, Sexual Abuse, Going to War). Now, every Car Accident isn't going to be classified as Traumatic and it doesn't have to do with what actually happens, but more how the individual person reacts to that experience.

So, getting pulled over for a speeding ticket may be traumatic for someone (just an example) and for others' accidentally killing a deer may be traumatic! (speaking from my own experience - Sorry, Bambi!)

What are some symptoms of PTSD? PTSD can manifest as depression, anxiety, stress. Having flashbacks (mental images) of the experience is common. Having a sensitive nervous system - with the shakes and feeling numb in the body/mind. Random crying and extreme bouts of Anger, especially for me. It varies for each individual.

I told myself that I MUST write an article about my experience. I don't think anyone should ever have to be depressed to the point of not wanting to be involved with life. I just hope my story and experience will be able to help others feel hope that they truly can experience a different type of life - HAPPY! Blessings, Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment