Depression is an innocent but serious illness that steps into one's life silently. There are many social as well as personal causes of depression but here we are going to discuss one of the most important causes - A stressful Marriage. A marriage is the complete spiritual, mental and physical attachment of two individuals. It gives an ecstatic feeling when you are enjoying a happy married life but if the marriage is not working, it turns into a stressor, and a burden to life and both the partners get trapped into severe depression which affects each part of life, personal as well as professional.
A stressful marriage is found to be the major cause among females. For whatever the reason, if one partner is having constant depression, other partner can't be left spared from this evil. And if fortunately the depression is overcome, it is likely to relapse if he or she has an unsatisfying marriage. A marital depression can have its root from the negative behavior of the depressed partner. It is very common and natural among couples that if one partner is depressed, it will add even more stress to the other partner. There may be many things as the root cause of marital distress, like lack of intimacy. Who doesn't desire or need intimacy in married life? Intimacy lets the couple understand each other better intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually without fear of criticism, judgment or rejection. Lack of intimacy may kill a married life and it will struggle even to survive.
Reasons like, parenting, financial stress, unsettled issues & anger, and lack of liberty & forgiveness can allow this silent killer to enter into one's life. Although both the genders are equally susceptible to depression but women are twice as likely to suffer as men are. Surveys have revealed the fact that one out of every four women experiences at least one depressive episode in their lifetime. Studies have given way to another fact that depression can be both the cause and the effect of unsuccessful marriage. Depression can cause a partner otherwise happy to perceive ignored and think negative about his partner.
There are numerous life events that can cause depression but if the partners have mutual understanding and loving relation, together they tend to deal with all the depression causing life events. Here are some symptoms of depression which can help you diagnose this evil.
- Gradual change in behavior, irritating nature
- Unable to tolerate even little noise or laughter.
- Sleep Sickness
- Love to remain isolated and silent
- Lost desire for sex
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Lost charm of life, suicidal thoughts
- Enjoy a healthy lifestyle with lively thoughts, well balanced diet and regular work out. .
- Learn to create balance in your life by saying NO to overload or extra responsibilities.
- Share your feelings with your spouse or close friend. You will feel relaxed after letting lose the burden.
- Educate yourself and your partner about depression. Being aware about the signs, symptoms and causes leaves a great impact on the issue and keeps you away from depression and its negative consequences.
- Never let the issues or marital problems unresolved. Solve them immediately as they arise to avoid future blast.
- Take out sufficient time for your partner and do something you both really enjoy.
- Believe in yourself, your partner and God. Emotions and Lord the prime strength and protector of your married life.
Post a Comment