Since anxiety attacks silently and stealthily, you need to ensure that you are able to recognize it early and you can assist the medical practitioner in the diagnosis. An early treatment and targeted action to eliminate stress from your life are the best remedies for anxiety.
Here is a quiz that would help you understand better what is going on with you when you are preyed upon by anxiety. All you need to do to find out whether or not you are suffering from anxiety is take these quizzes as truthfully as you can. At the same time, I like to underline here that this is by no means a medically prescribed method for diagnosis. These quizzes are meant to put you on the right track to (i) understand what happens when you suffer from anxiety, and (ii) recognize the symptoms so you could seek medical help at the earliest possible.
It is important for you to understand that very often stress can make anxiety your permanent tenant. Unpleasant as it is, anxiety does not stay for long alone; it gradually invites many other afflictions both mental and physical, which can wreck havoc with your life. So, let us roll up our sleeves and get to work.
Quiz No 1 - Am I Depressed?
This quiz should be answered considering the happenings over a period of two weeks prior to the time you are taking the quiz. Answer with 'Yes' or 'No'.
1. Do you find you are 'blue' very often, for no apparent reason
2. Do you need superhuman effort to get yourself do normal day-to-day chores/ jobs around your home or at your work place?
3. Do you find that you are always snapping nastily at people?
4. Do you find that it is impossible for you to concentrate on anything for more than 10-20 minutes at a stretch?
5. Would you rather spend time alone and isolated from everyone rather than be around family and friends?
6. Do you feel lonely or left out all the time?
7. Do you feel you are completely worthless and incapable of adding value to anything you do?
8. Do you find that you are always sleepy no matter how much you sleep or you are totally unable to sleep more than a couple of hours at a stretch?
9. Do you find that your appetite has changed (you are either constantly hungry or you are completely turned off by food)?
10. Do you often visualize yourself committing suicide?
If you answer 'Yes" to four or more questions it is very likely that you are suffering from clinical depression. This is a very serious mental problem, which fortunately can be completely reversed and controlled with the help of medicines and supporting treatments. Therefore, you need to rush to your medical practitioner and seek his or her help at the earliest. The anti-depressants of today can work miracles and will have you smiling and filled with positive energy in absolutely no time. Take action NOW - your happiness depends on your ability to act swiftly and decisively.