Depression is one of the most disturbing and common diseases occur in people. It occurs to all age groups no matter you are a child, old age, middle aged or adolescent. The ratio of occurrence is 1 out of 5 people. Women are more susceptible to depression than men and there is no specific reason for the occurrence of it. However, it is believed that it has something to do with chemical imbalances in the brain. The most common symptoms are, Sadness, worthlessness, hopelessness, helplessness, feelings of guilt, fatigue, sleeping problems, irritation and Negative thoughts that might prompt sufferer to attempt suicide. It is a treatable disease and you can fight it away rather easily. More than 80 percent people get recovered. If you want to fight it then you need to follow the proper treatment methods with the help of specialists.
Usually people rely on medication method to fight depression, medicines and drugs are used as antidepressants. These antidepressant medicines involve side effects therefore people still looking for those treatment methods that do not involve side effects. Here are some of the best methods that do not require drugs:
1. Psychotherapy is the best and the most effective ways. Therapies like, cognitive behavior therapy, group therapy or family therapy are the best therapy methods to identify the symptoms of depression that affect sufferer. After accessing the symptoms in sufferer a proper support is provided that a sufferer some what lacks. Another type of psychotherapy called talk therapy is useful in teaching methods to fight depression after identifying the root cause in sufferer. Depressed person finds himself relaxed and more learnt about his life. People still do not consider going to therapist, they feel ashamed or embarrassed, but they need to realize that this is the best way to overcome this obstacle.
2. Daily exercise in the gym or at home will help you in out in bursting all the negative energy in the form of sweatiness. You will find yourself relaxed and refreshed.
3. Meditation. You get positive energy and fresh air with meditation.
4. Go for a movie every weekend to entertain yourself.
5. Become socially active, take part in social activities, try to become volunteer in some of the social activities, doing so will engage you in social activities and there will be no room for depression.
6. Find someone to talk to so that you can share your feelings, by sharing your feelings you will find yourself relaxed and easy.
7. Good sleep also has something to do with it, make sure you get proper sleep.
8. Balanced diet also plays a big role in fighting depression. Make sure you have balanced diet. Do not take excessive amount of alcohol as it contains depressants. Alcohol also causes depression to turn severe.