Understanding anxiety and depression
Anxiety and depression are two faces of the same disorder. The latter usually precedes the former. As per a survey, it has been discovered that 70-80% of people with depression also suffer from anxiety. It is not a single disorder but a group of connected conditions and hence it can vary from one to another.
Feeling anxious during an exam, a job interview, a blind date, or confronted with a loved one is normal but if fears and worries overwhelm as well as interfere with one's daily life, then one is surely suffering from an anxiety problem. It is the natural response of the body to a danger.
5 common emotional and physical anxiety symptoms
2. Anticipating the worst
3. Trouble concentrating
5. Watching signs of danger
2. Pounding heart
3. Shortness of breath
4. Tremors and twitches
5 best anxiety treatment
Following are some of the treatments of anxiety
1. Get adequate sleep: getting plenty of sleep is a must. Sleep deprivation taxes one's adrenals a great deal, which aggravates anxiety and depression problems. Take naps when required to. The human body and mind performs several repair work while sleeping. Practicing a steady, relaxing bedtime routine, avoiding stressful conversation, sleeping in total darkness as well as avoiding sugar and caffeine in the evening will all help in promoting quality sleep. This is one of the best anxiety treatments.
2. Sunshine: this is one of the therapeutic treatments for treating stress related issues and depression. The bright light of the sun influences hormone balance and brain chemistry. It is soothing and helps to ease emotional pain. However, one must avoid going overboard and burn oneself.
3. Eat healthy: there are no magic treatments for anxiety. However, keeping a check on one's eating habits is definitely a good idea. When depression makes one overeat, controlling his/her eating habits will undoubtedly help in feeling better. Foods rich in folic acid like avocado and spinach and those rich in omega-3 fatty acids like tuna and salmon helps to ease depression.
4. Baking Soda: Adding a pinch of both ginger and baking soda to a warm bath is indeed one of the best anxiety treatments. Immerse in the tub for a minimum of 15 minutes for relieving anxiety and tension.
5. Oil: Sesame oil works wonders followed by sunflower, corn and coconut oil. For an anxiety-busting massage, pour 6 ounces of oil and heat it until warm. Rub this oil on the entire body, which includes bottoms of the feet and the scalp. For best results, massage it every morning before bath for calming down the day's activities. In case one stays awake due to anxiety, use this oil prior going to bed too. It is one of the most beneficial treatments for anxiety.
With the help of these natural remedies, one can definitely remain anxiety and depression free.